About the Role
This role is responsible for the overall design, delivery, & continuous optimization of the AFG Cloud workloads hosted on the Public Cloud platform. Responsible for creating and employing disaster recovery solutions, lead the continuous improvement initiatives, automation and operational support.
About the Responsibilities
Classic Cloud Workload Design & Delivery
- Designing the underlying Cloud Solutions Architecture of Classic Apps Portfolio. In collaboration with Apps teams from Corporate and LOBs.
- Prepare business cases and estimate cost for solutions, considering existing digital estate, licenses, and support.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture teams to implement corporate/enterprise platform initiatives.
- Provide cost estimates for technology components as per group standards.
- Liaise with the procurement team to procure the approved project technology components and influence the vendor for timely delivery.
- Contribute to preparation of BRD and RFCs.
- Proactively ensure system performance are within defined performance matrix and highly available.
- System capacity to be maintained at all times for predictive growth.
- Systems are to be secured with latest updates and patches as per the Patch Management Policy
- Execute proactive measures to reduce unplanned downtime.
- Plan and execute DR drills for critical system to ensure business continuity.
- Implement recommendations of Internal Audit as per agreed time line
Workload Governance Management
- Collaborate with Fabric team to communicate insights, requirements, and constraints to inform the design of the Enterprise-wide Cloud Governance Controls
- Ensure compliance of every workload in your purview, to the in-place Cloud Governance Controls. Prioritize the compliance implementation when required, to new controls once approved.
- Contribute, Support Apps Ops domain engineers, and signoff the design & implementation of eventual workload specific governance controls across Security, Identity, Cost Management, Resource Consistency and Delivery Automation & Acceleration.
- Ensure the design, implementation & effectiveness of remediation plans to Workload level, governance compliance drifts.
- As a member of the EIT Governance Committee, support the committee members with the required documentation, reports and education to ensure a proper insight driven decision making on the Classic Apps Portfolio’s governance roadmap. And the required investments and changes.
- Lead the Continuous implementation of Automation, DevOps & Site Reliability Engineering practices to modernize the operations of the Classic Apps’ Cloud resources and their pertaining governance controls
Workloads Continuous Improvement
- Continuously monitor the Cloud technology & capability innovations/improvements, and propose adequate optimizations, modernizations, and enhancements to underlying Classic Apps Cloud Solutions.
- Lead the prioritization and implementation of the Technical backlog of the Classic Apps roadmap to ensure its continuous improvements across the 5 well architected pillars.
Software License Management
- Support software acquisition, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing for core fabric software
- Establish strong relationship with Vendors & Service providers
- Contribute to the fabric related projects through their approval cycle.
- Support managing the portfolio of fabric projects both standalone and integrated with LOB projects
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Engage with management, infrastructure peers, business and project stakeholders to understand system requirements and advise stakeholders on options, risks, business impacts and cost-benefits
- Contribute to infrastructure roadmap for enterprise architectural strategies including standardization and modernization of legacy environments, migration and operational optimization strategies
- Manage RFC/SOW and approvals from business on time
- Identification and mitigation of domain related risks and issues.
- Identify and recommend new technology initiatives for adoption within the group
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|
وظائف الامارات,فرص عمل الامارات,وظائف Applications Operations - Cloud Infrastructure Architect | Enterprise IT | Dubai - Al Futtaim Group